13 – 15 August 2022
3 Days / 8 Sessions
Proficiency: Basic to Advanced
Photography + Post-Processing
INR 2,500/- Per Session
Total Fee: INR 20,000
+ 5% GST
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
This bootcamp is for photographers of all skill levels. No matter if you’re a beginner or an expert, you are guaranteed to find a lot to learn and benefit from this bootcamp. This program is designed to get you started in your journey of professional photography as a possible alternate, or an additional source of income.
Learning about photography by reading a tutorial online while you sit on your couch is certainly one way to improve your photography. But actually getting out there with like-minded individuals and exploring your talents as a photographer in a jaw-dropping location is definitely worth the time, money and effort!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THIS BOOTCAMP?
Some of the reasons why we recommend joining a formal bootcamp are:
- You have the chance to learn a lot in a relatively short period of time.
- This is a practical workshop — theory of photography and post-processing will come alive in front of your eyes and you will be the one executing it.
- You will be processing and creating images like pros and will learn end-to-end skills in bringing your vision come to life.
- You will learn the most complex post-processing divided into simplified 4 sessions of over 8 hours with ample time to practice what you learn on the images you have shot.
- You will get 1×1 attention with your mentor during this time and will have a lot of time to clarify your doubts and cement your skills.
- You’re out and about in some of the most spectacular locations.
- Visiting iconic locations like Hampi as part of a photography workshop only amplifies the inspiration you find. You feed off the energy of the other photographers and the group leaders.
- You find another degree of passion for photography and landscapes that you didn’t know existed.
- Revelling in the success of your peers as you share images and offer feedback to one another further inspires you to be better too.
- A problem in modern photography is that too many of us are wrapped up in trying to replicate what others do. We see images on Instagram and try to redo what’s already been done.
- Workshops like this actually allows and focuses more on developing your own voice and photographic style. In the supportive environment of a photo workshop, you feel free to experiment with your approach and learn new ways of seeing the world through your camera.
- What’s more, you can find new ways of challenging yourself to learn technical or artistic skills that will improve the quality of your photography.
- Finally, the immersive nature of a photography workshop makes all this possible in a very short period of time. If you want to quickly improve your skill set and produce images with a wider visual appeal, a photography workshop is the way to do it!
Post-Processing Session – 1 (2:00 pm to 4:30 pm)
- Meet & greet and general introduction
- Art and science of post-processing images
- Powerful and Hidden features of ACR
- Advanced techniques of processing in ACR
- How to build and enhance the light in ACR
- The power of HSL and split toning
- Balancing colours, noise reduction and working with curves in ACR
- Adobe Photoshop: Basic workflow (layers, layer masks, selection tools etc)
- Non-destructive workflow in Photoshop using layer and layer-mask technique
- Selection tools for targeted adjustment
Photography Session – 1 (4:30 pm to 6:30 pm)
- Meet at 4:30 pm at the location of the shoot (which will be disclosed to the participants who are confirmed)
- Expectation setting for the evening shoot
- Agenda for the Photography Bootcamp session 1:
- How to pre-visualise and visualise
- Inside the mind of a landscape photographer
- Day 1 is working with wide-angle lens only (bring 1 lens + 1 body)
- Read light and work with fading light
- Getting your exposure and metering right
- Understanding histogram for tones and RGB histogram for colours
- Mastering and bending the exposure triangle for creative photography
- Controlling Focus and Depth of field for an end to end sharpness
- Creating sunbursts (weather permitting) for stunning images
- How to construct an image
- Find various elements that can be used for construction
- Creating compositions that tell the story
- Balancing the Visual weight
- Using lines in Photography (Leading lines, converging, vertical, horizontal etc)
- Enhance Textures
- Find and use natural Shapes
- Using various Rules in Photography
- Working with colour balance and theory
- Bootcamp ends at 6:45 pm
Photography Session – 2 (5:30 am to 7:30 am)
- Meet at 5 am at the location of the shoot (which will be disclosed to the participants who are confirmed
- Expectation setting for the morning shoot
- Agenda for the Photography Bootcamp session 2:
- Day 2-second session is working with 1 body and 2 lenses (wide-angle and a tele lens)
- Read light and work with strengthening light
- Working with perspective
- Working with scale in compositions
- Find Layers to show the depth in an image
- Work with natural frames to enhance an image
- Creating sunburst (weather permitting) for stunning images
- Find natural subjects for storytelling
- Introduce a subject for storytelling
- Shooting from a high point
- Find subjects for compressed compositions
- Bootcamp ends at 7:45 am
Post-Processing Session — 2 (2:30 pm to 4:30 pm)
- Adjust right exposure & white balance for your image
- Techniques and tools to create the right light in your image
- How to use curves and levels to punch up your image
- Various selection tools available in Photoshop
- Dodge and burn to create specific light and colours
- Create light – enhance light – follow the light principle
- Introduction to Luminosity mask using TKpanel
- Creating your own signature/watermark
Photography Session — 3 (5:00 pm to 7:00 pm)
- Meet at 5 pm at the location of the shoot (which will be disclosed to the participants who are confirmed
- Expectation setting for the evening shoot
- Agenda for the Photography Bootcamp session 3:
- Day 2 Third session is working with 1 body and 1 lens (wide angle)
- Work with Symmetry
- Create compositions with reflection
- Use water as the main element for photography
- Use lines to create depth in an image
- Photographing dynamic subject in real-time scenario
- Photographing sunset with reflection
- Photographing shapes
- Bootcamp ends at 7 pm
Photography Session — 4 (5:30 am to 7:30 am)
- Meet at 5:30am at the location of the shoot (which will be disclosed to the participants who are confirmed
- Expectation setting for the morning shoot
- Agenda for the Photography Bootcamp session 4:
- Day 3 fourth session is working with 1 body and 2 lenses (wide-angle and a tele lens)
- Work with architectural elements in photography
- Find and use natural frames (arches, doors etc)
- Find reflection and symmetry to use
- Finding the right visual weight with multiple elements
- Finding natural subjects
- Practising all theories learnt in the previous 3 sessions
Post-Processing Session — 3 (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
– Practice with the techniques learnt in the previous session
– 1×1 image review and processing tips for all participants on shoot sessions 1 and 2
– Discussion on social media and Instagram
– Career options in Photography
Post-Processing Session – 4 (Online) Date to be decided during the tour
WHAT TO EXPECT ( click to expand )
Join GoodShotz and its experienced mentors who have shot over 2000 frames in Hampi, in this enchanting photography Boot camp as they talk you through some of the tales they have heard in the past along with wisdom and knowledge in both photography and post processing.
Buckle up, this will be an experience like no other. You will be pushed early mornings and late evenings, but we promise that you will take back breathtaking shots that will make you a better travel photographer.
ABOUT HAMPI ( click to expand )
Hampi is an ancient village and temple town that has received UNESCO World Heritage Site recognition. Capital to the Vijaynagar Empire and home to an army of over million men—Hampi had trade relations attracting merchants and horse traders from around the world making it one of the richest and largest cities after Beijing at that time.
Situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra river, the ruins of many ancient temples still narrate tales of its grand past. Famous among them are:
Vittala Temple, most famous for its musical columns. The temple also houses the stone chariot which is the mascot of Karnataka Tourism today. Virupaksha Temple which predates founding of Vijaynagar empire, is in the heart of Hampi Bazar. It is a collection of many temple structures and over looks the Hemkunta hills on one side, famous for beautiful sunsets, and Tungabhadra river on the other side. Hampi also sees an interesting mix of locals and Israeli settlers making it culturally distinguished.
A photography tour to Hampi will leave you not with just images to cherish for rest of your life, but also a spirit of Hampi that is sure to change you in your heart forever.
TERMS ( click to expand )
FAQ ( click to expand )
NOTE: Upon finalization of the group, you will be added to a whatsapp group and all updates will be shared with you frequently.
What payment modes do you accept?
We accept online all credit and debit cards. Additionally, you can also make bank transfers. We don’t accept cash.
What kind of clothing is recommended?
Hampi requires light cotton clothing for day and warm jacket for early morning and evening shoots. Shoes that allow you to climb stairs and stone hills. Hat/cap and sun protection lotion is also recommended.
What gear do I need to take?
- DSLR camera body (two are recommended for backup, as you don’t go frequently on a trip like this), Wide angle / kit lens (18mm and beyond). If you can rent or carry super wide angle or fish-eye (8mm and beyond) lens, it would greatly play to your advantage.
- Laptop for post processing.
If you have any questions on what gear you should take, talk to us and we will be happy to help you out.
- Intermediary to advance level photography tour and workshop with basic knowledge of camera and Adobe Photoshop/Light Room is a pre-requisite.
- Anyone who’s over 18 can attend. Under 18 year should be accompanied by adult guardian or parents.
|Post-Processing Session 1||INR 2,500|
|Photography Session 1||INR 2,500|
|Photography Session 2||INR 2,500|
|Post-Processing Session 2||INR 2,500|
|Photography Session 3||INR 2,500|
|Photography Session 4||INR 2,500|
|Post-Processing Session 3||INR 2,500|
|Post-Processing Session 4||INR 2,500|
Full Bootcamp — INR 20,000
Join us for a
unique learning experience
We Take Pride in Helping You Become a Better Photographer